WINTER WEATHER RESOURCES
Fall and winter weather brings increased risk of flooding and/or landslide hazards. As these risks increase, we encourage all Lincoln County community members to sign up for emergency alerts or update their profile and to take a few minutes to refresh your knowledge on seasonal preparedness tips. Below are resources to assist with seasonal preparedness and response.
Mayor’s COVID-19 Updates – Click here.
Hazards: Flooding and River Levels
- Bookmark these resources:
- Sign up or update your Lincoln Alerts profile
- Current river levels
- Weather forecasts
- Road Conditions – Trip Check or call 511
- Readiness guides and resources:
- Sign up for local weather alerts by updating your “Alert Subscriptions” in your Lincoln Alerts Profile.
- Lincoln County Information Guide – Flooding
- Sandbag information and resources
- Flood plain management
- FEMA Flood Plain Map Address Locator
- National Flood Insurance Program
- Protective measures
- Warning signs
- What to do during and after
- Additional links and resources
Oregon Department of Travel (ODOT) – Travel During Difficult Weather
- Videos and tips for driving during bad-weather.
- Always check the road conditions before you go.
- Pack extra clothes, food, and water for emergencies.
Have you considered flood insurance? Flood insurance is for more than just those living in the flood plain. This coverage may also protect homes and businesses in other events like tsunamis or water saturation. Both renters and property owners may be eligible to update their insurance. Most flood insurance coverage has a 30 day waiting period before the coverage is active. Review FEMA’s Flood Insurance page for more information.
WILDFIRE AND HOME FIRE PREVENTION RESOURCES
OSU Extension – Wildfire Wednesday Series Continued
- Fire Aware. Fire Prepared. Wildfire Wednesday’s webinar sessions are returning. Visit the Online Webinar Guide on the Fire Program website for more information.
- Fall Schedule, weekly from 12:00-1:00pm:
- November 10: 2021 Fire Season – A learning opportunity
- November 17: Prioritizing your home hardening approach
- December 1: From the home to the landscape (defensible space): Fall Edition
- December 8: Prescribed fire
- Register here
American Red Cross – Home Fire Campaign
- This campaign was created to reduce fire-related deaths and injuries in the U.S.
- Campaign topics include:
- Get Prepared at Home
- Teach Kids about Preparedness
- Volunteer to Help others
- And more!
LINCOLN COUNTY PUBLIC HEALTH – COVID UPDATES
- Boosters and additional doses
- All Vaccine clinics
- Weekly Public Health Director updates are given at the BOC meetings.
- Lincoln County data
- Testing Resources
- Lincoln County Call Center: 541-265-0621