Administrative Assistant, Limited Duration
Open until filled
Job Duration up to 6 months.
Application linked here. Please email Susan4Siletz@gmail.com with your completed application or mail to PO Box 318, Siletz OR 97380
*You can also call 541-444-2521 but you will need to leave a voicemail of where we can send the application if you cannot download it.
Location: Siletz, Oregon
Job Type: Part-time, No-Benefit
Supervisor: City Recorder / Mayor
Hours: No more than 19 hours/week
Essential Functions / Major Responsibilities
- Serves as initial contact for residents with the City of Siletz. Transfers or takes messages for all departments.
- Answers inquiries or complaints and refers to appropriate parties.
- Maintains office files. Accepts payments for city services or permits/fees. Keeps record of cash receipts.
- Administrative filing, sorting, indexing and other organizational duties for the City.
- Completes records in accordance with state, departmental and program standards.
- Work is reviewed by City Recorder
- Ability to manage multiple projects
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
- Knowledge of general office practices and procedures.
- Act independently in the absence of supervision and instructions.
- Prioritize workload.
- Maintain flexibility in day to day responsibilities.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Convey information, ideas, and facts both orally and in writing to supervisors, colleagues, and individuals, inside and outside the county, using language and a format the audience will best understand.
- Utilize computers and other technology to communicate in written and verbal forms (e.g., word processing, texts, emails, spreadsheets, department-specific software).
- Effectively relate well with others, including supervisors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the county. Exhibit a professional manner in dealing with others and working to maintain constructive working relationships.
- Take personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work. Show up to work on time, and follows instructions, policies, and procedures. Meet productivity standards, deadlines, and work schedules.
Education/Experience/Licenses/Certificates Required Qualifications
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2 year of office administrative experience, preferably in a public contact position, or other combination of education and experience.
- Basic computer skills, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel
- Ability to use a multi-line phone, fax, copy machine
- Ability to use proper English and grammar.
- Knowledge of record keeping practices used in maintenance utility accounts, billing procedures, appropriate cash handling procedures
Normal working conditions.
The physical demands are typical of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical capability to handle high mobility demands and complex personal interactions.
- Physical Ability: Tasks involve the ability to exert very moderate physical effort in light work, typically involving some combination of stooping, kneeling, crouching and crawling, and which may involve some lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects and materials of moderate weight (12-20 pounds).
- Sensory Requirements: Some tasks require visual perception and discrimination. Some tasks require oral communications ability. Some tasks require the ability to perceive and discriminate sounds.
- Environmental Factors: Tasks are regularly performed without exposure to adverse environmental conditions, such as dirt, pollen, odors, wetness, humidity, rain, fumes, temperature and noise extremes, machinery, vibrations, electric currents, traffic hazards, animals/wildlife, toxic/poisonous agents, violence, disease, or pathogenic substances.
The City of Siletz will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities to allow them to perform the essential functions of the job when such individuals request an accommodation.